As you may know, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now requires a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States, even if you have been fully vaccinated. For fully vaccinated people, the order requires you to get tested no more than 3 days (72 hours) before your flight’s departure time to the US. If you have not been fully vaccinated the test must be conducted no more than 1 day before the flight’s departure.
According to the CDC: Antigen tests or ‘Rapid tests are acceptable as long as they are a viral test acceptable under the Order.’ See the full article here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
The good news is that, if you’re staying at one of our vacation rental beachhomes or condos in the Central Pacific area, there are 5 options that will help you comply with this new order.
Price range for both PCR (starting at $125 each) and Antigen rapid tests (starting at $75), depending on the laboratory, so shop around. Rushed or express service and at-home services are also available for an additional fee or for free. Results are delivered the same day for Antigen tests or in approximately 24 to 72 hours for PCR tests, usually by email, depending on the test site. Credit cards are widely accepted.
Please note that we are NOT a laboratory itself. Information presented here is only provided for the benefit or our guests and all Jaco area visitors at large. Information may change at any time and we cannot guarantee its accuracy or be held responsible for mistakes.
Laboratory contact information
Please do not call our numbers +1 801 938-3494 or +506 2643-2222 for test appointments. Contact the labs below.
We have listed the available Covid-19 test sites below according to our perceived ease of service:
- Laboratorio Clínico Dr. Solís
- RUSH Urgent Care Clinic
- Laboratorio Jacó
- Laboratorio Clínica MMI
- Hospital Metropolitano at Los Sueños Resort
Laboratorio Clínico Dr. Solis
At-home service only (no lab in Jacó area)
- Antigen or rapid tests only: can be scheduled every day 7:30 am to 6:30 pm. Results are returned within 2 hours.
- Book test appointments only through:
- The form below.
- Whatsapp: +506 8660 2735.
- The Antigen test has a cost of US$80 including the visit, payable onsite in cash, Paypal or any credit card.
Jaco Walk shopping center
- Online appointments: http://laboratoryinjaco.com/form-Covid-19
- WhatsApp +506 8531 3838
- Phone: +506 2643-2118
- The PCR test has a cost of 75,000 colones or US$125. Results are delivered in approximately 24 to 36 hours.
- The Antigen test, otherwise known as rapid test, has a cost of US$75 per test. The results would be available the same day at night.
- Both tests use nasopharyngeal samples.
- Closed on Sundays.
- Website: http://laboratoryinjaco.com/contactanos
- Google Maps Location: https://goo.gl/maps/MQ2tBjb4DLM6p2vX6
Laboratorio Clínica MMI
Near downtown Jacó
- Phone/WhatsApp +506 6282 9515
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The test has a cost of 78,000 colones and it is by appointment only from Monday to Friday. On Saturdays and Sundays you will pay the rush service fee.
- They serve 8-10 people a day. After that, the lab will charge a rush service fee of 72,000 colones for one person, or 80,000 colones for 2 people or more, on top of the test cost.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 am to 4 pm and Saturdays from 8 am to 12 noon.
- Website: https://www.jacodoctors.com
- Google Maps Location: https://goo.gl/maps/MNMchctUbwrkytxs6
at Clinica Herradura in Los Sueños Resort
- WhatsApp: +506 8631-3618
- Phone: +506 2637-8610
- Open for testing 7 days a week from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm. Results sent by email within 24 hours for antigen tests and within 48-72 hours for PCR tests.
- The PCR test cost is US$150 per test plus 4% tax, paid by credit or debit card only and the response time is within 48-72 hours.
- The Antigen test, otherwise known as rapid test, has a cost of US$85 per test plus 4% tax and the response time is up to 24 hours. However, the number of rapid tests is limited and based on availability.
- First you need to fill out this form: www.mipruebacovid.com/en/form.html
- See the images below for guidance on how to fill out the form.
- Once you click Submit you will receive an Application Number. Write it down or otherwise save this number
- You will then need to enter the Application Number in the second form to schedule your appointment: Covid Test Appointment Request
- You will not receive a specific time for your appointment. You will only be able to select a day.
- To schedule a specific time and avoid line ups, you can call the clinic at 2637-8610. There is an administrative person ready to help you with questions and schedule the time for your test.
- Website: https://www.metropolitanocr.com
- Google Maps Location: https://goo.gl/maps/xHiy26mJ7suxnDWA9
We hope this information is helpful and will make your travel planning a little easier.
By the way, if you haven’t done so yet, take a moment to check our website for information on both the CR government required medical insurance and optional travel and cancellation insurance options for your trip: https://beachhomecostarica.com/trip-insurance/