|BEACHHOME Costa Rica Vacation Rental Policies|
at no extra charge to pay for vacation rental stays.
- Our prices and fees are quoted in U.S. dollars and will be charged either in US$ or in Costa Rican Colones at the exchange rate on the transaction date.
- Rates are subject to change without notice until confirmed.
- Rates are quoted with applicable taxes (currently 13.00% sales tax) on each property's booking page. Should the tax legislation change before the check-in date, the difference will be applied to the account and the client must pay the difference, even if the previous total amount had already been paid in full.
Reservations and Cancellations:
- Advance Rental Payment (Reservation Deposit) is required at the time of booking the reservation and may be made by credit card, in cash (at the office), by bank deposit or wire transfer (sorry, no checks).
- High and Low Seasons reservations Deposit Refunds (January 8-December 17):
- 80% if canceled more than sixty one (61) days prior to arrival.
- 60% if canceled between sixty (60) and thirty one (31) days prior to arrival.
- 0% if canceled thirty (30) days or less prior to arrival (read about
Travel Insurance below).
- Peak Season reservations (December 18-January 7) and Monthly reservations:
- Reservation deposit of 50% at the time of booking the reservation.
- Payment of the balance sixty one (61) days prior to check-in. If the balance is not paid in full by the applicable due date, the reservation will be canceled.
- Advance payments
do not qualify for refunds (read about
Travel Insurance below).
- Late check-in and/or early departure for any reason, including but not limited to inclement weather, do not warrant the refund of any advance payments or rent deposits.
- We do not overbook. When you confirm a vacation rental reservation, a property will be assigned. However, should the rental property become unrentable due to unforeseen events such as maintenance issues or acts of God, or unavailable due to the sale of the property, BEACHHOME COSTA RICA reserves the right to substitute comparable accommodations without liability. However,
you will be given the opportunity to cancel without penalty should the new arrangements not be acceptable. In these rare instances we will notify you as soon as possible of the change. You will be offered the current rate for the new property. After such acceptance, the normal cancellation policy will once again apply.
- The total number of persons 3 years and older allowed to sleep in each property is indicated under "Sleeps". Infants under 3 sleep for free.
- Please inquire first if you plan to hold a special event. For your security and that of the rental home, all guests must be registered prior to entering the property.
- All reservations must be made by an adult over the age of 21. A minimum of one person over the age of 21 for every two persons staying in the property is required.
Travel Protection Insurance
- We suggest you to purchase travel protection to cover your investment in case of cancellation or interruption of your stay due to sickness, death, travel delays, hurricane, baggage loss and many other unforeseen events.
- Travel Insurance costs only 7% of your total travel cost. For more information please click on the image below:
- A Security Deposit (also known as Damage Deposit) amount, which will be specified in the rental agreement, may be settled in cash or through a credit card authorization (a hold, not a charge) upon check in, or prior to check in if arriving after hours (see
office hours below ).
- In most cases, upon checking in you will be given an inventory list of all items in the rental home. You are expected to examine the premises upon arrival and report any issues and problems as they arise or are noticed.
- For a full refund of the security deposit you should observe the following conditions:
- Maintain the premises in the same condition as when received and not allow any waste, misuse or neglect.
- No damage is done to unit or its contents beyond normal wear and tear.
- No missing items from the unit's inventory.
- All food is removed from refrigerator. All dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher and/or cleaned.
- All debris and/ or garbage is removed from the unit and placed in bags in the proper receptacles.
- No excessive or deep cleaning is needed. We always provide departure cleaning for you. All we ask is that you please leave the property reasonably clean. Examples of what not to leave: excessive sand in floors or carpets, stained towels and sheets, trash outside cans.
- All windows and doors are closed and locked upon departure.
- No indoor furniture was rearranged or moved outside.
- All owner's locks offs were respected.
- No complaints due to excessive noise or disturbances were received.
- The maximum authorized number of persons allowed in the property was always respected. For special events please inquire.
- No charges are incurred due to the collection of rent or services rendered during your stay or to the enforcement of the terms of the lease.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- All keys, remote controls, parking passes, and gate cards are returned to the rental office. For security reasons, lost keys forces us to change lock combinations, which is expensive. There will be a fee for each item that is not properly returned upon departure or lock that needs a new combination.
- The pet policy and non-smoking policies are respected.
- The respective condominium policies are respected (when applicable).
- BEACHHOME COSTA RICA will inspect the property after it has been vacated. However, no guarantees are made that the inspection will be complete by the time the renter leaves town. Upon satisfactory inspection of the property, Security Deposits will be refunded promptly after the check out date (usually up to 3 business days). Should BEACHHOME COSTA RICA need to deduct any charges it will do so at the replacement value and/or actual cost of the repair, plus an
administrative fee of up to 20%. Any and all remaining balances after charges on the Security Deposit will be refunded to the renter within 14 business days. The guest will assume any wire transfer costs.
Check-in and Check-out:
- Check-in is 3:00 P.M. Check-out is 11:00 A.M.
- Early check-ins and late check-outs may be arranged depending upon availability. If granted, a late check-out will be charged as follows:
- Up to 12:00 pm: no extra charge.
- Up to 2:00 pm: 25% of the current daily rate.
- Up to 4:00 pm: 50% of the current daily rate.
- Later than 4:00 pm: 100% of the current daily rate.
- Check in is at the BEACH HOME COSTA RICA office, not the rental property. Someone from our staff will escort you to the property and introduce you to it. If you are arriving after hours (see below) we would leave the keys in our lock-box on the front door.
- OFFICE HOURS (subject to change, please contact us):
|Monday - Saturday
||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
Cleaning and Guest Amenities:
- Our rental homes will be cleaned to excellent quality standards prior to your arrival as well as after your departure.
- The check-out and weekly cleaning are included in the vacation rental rates, and, in certain rental homes where noted, daily cleaning is included. Daily and Weekly Cleaning service refers to bedrooms, bathrooms, floors and kitchen and change of towels and bed linens. In the case of daily cleaning linens and towels are replaced every other day.
- The vacation rental home will be prepared with 2 sets of bath towels and washcloths per registered guest. There will also be hand towels and in most cases beach/pool towels. The home will be prepared with 2 sets of bed linens per bed.
- The vacation rental home will have a limited supply of personal soap, tissue, toilet paper, laundry and dish detergent, garbage bags, paper towels, coffee filters, salt, pepper and sugar. A set of cleaning items will also be provided: broom, mop, rags, bucket, etc.
- Additional maid service, deep kitchen cleaning and personal laundry can be set up for a small daily fee.